Statement of Faith
The herein Statement of Faith is an overview of the doctrines advanced by this church and is intended to harmonize with Liberty Church’s stated purpose.
1. THE HOLY SCRIPTURES We believe the Bible is God-inspired (2 Timothy 3:16,17).
2. THE ETERNAL GODHEAD We believe God is Triune: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14).
3. THE FALL OF MAN We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that by voluntary disobedience he fell from perfection (Romans 5:12).
4. THE PLAN OF SALVATION We believe that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us, signing the pardon of all who believe on Him (John 3:16; Romans 5:8).
5. SALVATION THROUGH GRACE We believe that we have no righteousness and must come to God pleading the righteousness of Christ (Ephesians 2:8).
6. REPENTANCE AND ACCEPTANCE We believe that upon sincere repentance, and a whole-hearted acceptance of Christ, we are justified before God (I John 1:9).
7. THE NEW BIRTH We believe that after accepting Jesus, we become a brand new person. (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 2:20). 8. DAILY CHRISTIAN LIVING We believe that it is the will of God that we be sanctified daily, growing constantly in the faith (Hebrews 6:1).
9. BAPTISM AND THE LORD’S SUPPER We believe that baptism by immersion is an outward sign of an inward work (Matt. 28:19). We believe in the commemoration of the Lord’s Supper by the symbolic use of the bread and juice of the vine (I Corinthians 11:24, 25).
10. BAPTISM WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT We believe that the Baptism with the Holy Spirit is to endue the believer with power; and that His incoming is after the same manner as in Bible days (Acts 2:4).
11. THE SPIRIT-FILLED LIFE We believe that it is the will of God that we walk in the Spirit daily (Ephesians 4:30-32).
12. THE GIFTS AND FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT We believe that the Holy Spirit has gifts to bestow upon the Christian; and that every Christian should earnestly desire all the gifts of the Spirit and we should demonstrate spiritual fruit as evidence of a Spirit-filled life (I Corinthians 12:1-11; Galatians 5:22).
13. MODERATION We believe that the experience and daily walk of the believer should never lead him into extremes of fanaticism, but should in all things show stability in the Word of God. (Ephesians 4:14).
14. DIVINE HEALING We believe that divine healing is the power of Christ to heal the physically sick in answer to the prayer of faith (James 5:14-16).
15. THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST We believe that the second coming of Christ is personal and imminent (I Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
16. CHURCH RELATIONSHIP We believe it is our sacred duty to identify ourselves with the visible Body of Christ (Acts 16:5; Hebrews 10:25).
17. CIVIL GOVERNMENT We believe that rulers should be upheld at all times except in things opposed to the will of God (Romans 13:1-5).
18. THE FINAL JUDGMENT We believe that all shall stand some day before the judgment seat of God, and there receive eternal life or death (2 Corinthians 5:10).
19. HEAVEN We believe that Heaven is the glorious eternal home of born-again believers (John 14:1-3; Revelation 7:15-17).
20. HELL We believe that hell is the place of eternal torment for all who reject Christ as the Savior (Revelation 20:10,15).
21. EVANGELISM We believe that soul winning is the most important responsibility of the Church (James 5:20).
22. TITHES AND OFFERINGS We believe that the method ordained of God for the support and spread of His cause is by giving of tithes and free-will offerings (Malachi 3:10; 2 Corinthians 9:7).
23. TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE It is the belief of our church that God creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, sex with minors, and pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive, union, as clearly expressed in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.) We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Liberty Church.