What is the mission of Liberty Church Naples?
3. Unite – Unite as one with Christ
Unity brings God’s blessing.
No unity- No blessing
“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron’s beard, down on the collar of his robe. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.”
Psalm 133:1-3 NIV
We must fight for the blessing.
Don’t fight each other, fight to keep unity
Conflict will happen from time to time. How we work through the conflict will determine the level of unity within the body.
Do your best not to offend, but more importantly determine within yourself that you will not be offended. You cannot control the behaviors of others unintentionally or maliciously. You can only control your response.
Why unity over offense.
Unity = causes blessing
Offense- causes hindrance to your anointing
Unity – promotes
Conflict resolution and proper attitude
Don’t let it linger, address it quickly
1. Own you part of the conflict
2. Go direct- don’t talk to anyone who is not part of the conflict that only spreads the poison of offense.
3. Believe the best about others – don’t presume something is done maliciously.
4. Explain don’t blame
5. Be specific – problems can’t be resolved in generalities…if no specific time, statement is referenced.
6. Express your desire for things to get better by offering hope and encouragement with your confrontation.
7. Pray prophetic prayers for them.
Pray prophetic prayers for one another. Not just fluffy little prayers, but prayers that speak into their life and future. The apostle Paul calls this praying in the Spirit. Pray in the Spirit and by the Spirit. In tongues or English which ever you are able to do at the time.