1 Corinthians 4:1-21 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
A steward is someone who has been placed in charge of valuable things. These valuable assets have increase potential. These assets can also be squandered and wasted.
When we think stewardship, in the church, we always think about money. After all what churchgoing person hasn’t heard a good message on giving. The apostle Paul speaks of being a steward of mysteries not finances.
We have been given gifts precious assets from the Lord. As good stewards we must treat these assets as valuable and carefully consider how we interact and use these assets.
1. The word of God- This is a mystery to the world. Many people do not realize the power of the living word of God. This word has potential to increase your life. It is effective to your Spirit, your soul, and your body. How have you been handling your responsibility as a steward of the mystery of God’s word?
2. The Holy Spirit- The Spirit is the earnest deposit from God. The Spirit is a mystery to the world but sadly is a mystery to the church attendees as well. It seems that few people have tapped into the increase potential that is found in the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 1:22. Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
God has deposited his Spirit in us. He desires to increase the quality of our life and those around us by the power of the Holy Spirit. How have you been handling your responsibility as a steward of the mystery of the Holy Spirit?
3. Your life- Your life is a gift from God. The time that you have alive on this earth should be used wisely. I heard someone say once that the place where you can find the most untapped potential in one place is the graveyard. There lies hundreds of people maybe thousands who have never reached their full potential in life. Your life is a God-given mystery and you are a steward of it. How have you been handling your responsibility?
Every steward of precious assets has three options to consider.
1. You may release- A good steward only releases asset for a specific purpose. This precious asset has the ability to meet the specific need and accomplish an important task. As a steward of the mysteries of God you have the opportunity to release the Word, The Spirit, and the giving of your life to accomplish a specific purpose. God’s chosen purpose.
2. You may invest- it is possible to invest the word the Holy Spirit and your life into others. I must admit sometimes your investment into people can come great disappointment. But some investments turn out to be tremendous blessings. Don’t be afraid to invest in the people that are around you.
2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
3. You may retain increase-it is important to realize that as you are giving and investing these precious mysteries, the Lord God also give back into you in great measure. We must pray that we have the ability to retain more of the word, more of the Holy Spirit, and more life. Yes it is possible to have more life than what you have right now. God is the giver of life, he wants you to have abundant life. There are testimonies of many people who were ready to die naturally, but by the power of God they were given more life from the Lord.
Never underestimate the increase potential in the precious assets that you have been given by God.
Have you handled your responsibility as a steward well?